Liz serves as the EAEI Division representative to the Women Scientists and Engineers Council (WSEC) ERG and has been co-chair of the WSEC Networking Committee for over 5 years. In that capacity, she has led/co-led several initiatives that support the Lab’s IDEA principles including:
- Lab-wide events including the 2020 Women @ The Lab virtual awards ceremony and past years’ annual networking events.
- The WSEC “Co-coaching Initiative” that offered skill-building sessions and created a community of practice for any Lab employee who wished to improve their skills with difficult conversations, including constructively giving and receiving feedback
- Monthly events that include Women @ The Lab talks, peer exchanges and skill-building sessions
- Led volunteers to develop myriad Women’s History Month events and resources for the Lab community
- Facilitate collaboration between WSEC and other ERGs on speaker events and intersecting topics
Outside of WSEC, Liz participates in the monthly ETA IDEA Working Group meetings, and was part of a small team that formed an equity/justice group within the Electricity Markets and Policy Department with two key objectives: 1) operationalize IDEA principles in group processes in the department; and 2) develop equity/justice-related research proposals. She also supports the Lab’s K-12 outreach efforts in various ways; most recently she recorded a video demonstration of Middle Eastern percussion instruments for the Lab’s December Live Science outreach event.