Students and early career researchers in the areas of building science, energy-efficiency and the electricity grid are invited to enter a prestigious poster competition sponsored by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
Five winners will be invited to give a five-minute lightning talk at Rosenfeld Symposium 2019 - Energy-Efficient and Grid-Interactive Buildings, to be held at the David Brower Center in Berkeley on April 23, 2019.
In addition, travel expenses up to $1,000 for each of the winners, as well as the conference registration fee, will be paid. The top 30 participants in the poster contest will be invited to attend the conference — also free of charge.
The poster session at the day-long conference is a great opportunity for researchers to network and gain experience presenting to leading scientists in the field. Deadline to submit an abstract and audio file for the competition is January 15, 2019.
Posters may be on any of these topics:
- Building Technologies (electrical, controls, façades, wind energy, rooftop electric, thermal and electric storage systems)
- End Uses (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), lighting, appliances, refrigeration, water heating)
- Grid Integration and Demand Response (communications, control strategies, valuation methods)
- Design and Operational Systems (smart buildings, design tools and methods, commissioning and operation tools and practices, net zero energy or carbon systems, Internet of Things, big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity)
- Policy and Economics (codes & standards, market analyses, integration of emerging technologies, smart grid)
- Business models and utility engagement (financing, energy efficiency program design, cost-effective solutions, integrating new and emerging measures)
For more information please visit: