We focus our research on three broad areas: Energy Markets, Policy, and Infrastructure; Energy and Environmental Systems Analysis; and Appliance and Equipment Standards.
Why analyze energy systems?
- To maximize the energy, climate, economic, health and other societal benefits of advanced technologies
- To develop and enable cost-effective, achievable standards and policies that maximize energy efficiency
- To inform public and private decision-making about energy-related issues, such as energy efficiency, demand response, renewable energy, electricity reliability, and electricity resource and transmission planning
What We Do
Research, development, and technical assistance on:
- Energy markets and utility policy
- Renewable energy policy and economics
- Energy efficiency standards and codes
- Mitigation of air pollution and greenhouse gases
- Impacts of energy use on health in the indoor environment
- Lifecycle assessment of products and services